Summer has come, and so has beach season. As the season gets hotter, a day at the beach by cool water is a welcome respite from the heat, but bikini season can be unbearable when you don’t feel confident in your body. How best can you prepare for the season?
Tips for losing weight
Losing weight is intimidating, but before trying a specific and complicated diet plan or workout regimen, start with some simple changes. If the adjustments to your diet and way of living are easy, you’re more likely to stick with them and reach your goals.
Adjusting your diet
There are several minor changes you can make to your diet to start without cutting out your favorite foods. Try the following:
- Eating protein-rich foods. High protein foods help to make you feel full with fewer calories and fuel your body with energy, so you’ll have more motivation to stay active. Fish, eggs, meat, and legumes are excellent protein sources.
- Try foods with soluble fiber. Foods with soluble fiber pass through your system slower, helping you feel fuller. Try brussels sprouts, flax seeds, chia seeds, avocados, or blackberries.
- Add more omega-3 and omega-6 to your meal rotation. Fatty fish are high in protein and healthy omega-3 fats that will help cut back on fat. Try walnuts, hemp seeds, edamame, seaweed, salmon, sardines, mackerel, herring, and anchovies.
- Drink green tea. Green tea is a healthier caffeinated option in the morning and contains antioxidants that help boost your metabolism.
Adding more healthy options to your diet means you’ll avoid a lot of more unhealthy habits. What are some essential, unhealthy habits to ditch in favor of a beautiful body this summer?
- Cut out sugary juices, sodas, and alcohol. Most of the calories and sugar we consume throughout the day come from what we drink. A lot of people don’t think to count those calories. Exchange sweet juices, sweet tea, and sugary sodas with water or unsweetened tea. Drink eight glasses of water a day as well. After meeting that requirement, you may not be that thirsty for sugary choices. Consider reducing calorie-heavy alcohol intake, too.
- Avoid foods that contain trans fats. Trans fats are found in some packaged foods and spreads like margarine. They can lead to many health complications and weight gain in the abdominal area. Check food labels, and be aware of what you’re putting into your body.
- Lower intake of starchy carbs. Reducing your starchy carb intake can quickly cause belly fat loss. Processed carbs, such as white bread and pasta, could be swapped for healthy, complex carbs like potatoes and quinoa.
It’s easier to keep up with a few minor changes than a large sweeping change. Weight loss is made in the kitchen, but try adding weight lifting or cardio exercises like jogging or swimming to your routine.
Touch up with Coolsculpting®
Losing weight involves a lot of determination and perseverance, but our bodies have limits and can only lose so much weight. You should be proud of any weight loss you achieve and maintain, but if you’re not happy with how you look, there are alternate ways to get your dream body.
Coolsculpting® is a noninvasive, non-surgical technique for fat reduction. Using a controlled cooling method, Coolsculpting® reduces fat deposits from specific areas, such as the abdomen, for targeted weight loss, which can smooth out and eliminate stubborn fat bulges.
There are a few ways you can use Coolsculpting®, like reducing love handles and muffin tops. Those last few inches you just can’t shake can be easily cooled away. But can Coolsculpting® get rid of a double chin? You bet. Coolsculpting® will help you throw away those turtlenecks with confidence.
Take a look at these Coolsculpting® before and after pictures that show a significant improvement in the appearance of this woman’s chin, resulting in a more dynamic and youthful look.
Coolsculpting is a noninvasive procedure. The process takes only an hour, and a patient can be in and out within an afternoon without any recovery time. If you’re worried about the longer recovery time of techniques like liposuction, Coolsculpting® might be a good option for you.
Coolsculpting Near Me
You deserve to feel your summer best and confident and secure in your swimsuit this summer. If you want to know how Coolsculpting® can help you achieve your dream beach body, contact us today for a consultation. We proudly service the Greater Toronto Area.